By connecting your Tevalis Epos to Planday, your employees' clock times are automatically sent from Tevalis to Planday.
Below we'll walk you through the steps required to activate this integration.
Once complete, your employees can clock in and out from Tevalis, and their clock entries will appear directly in the Planday Punch Clock. Clock times with a start and end time are automatically fetched by Planday every 5 min for the past 48 hours.
The integration applies a set of rules to match clock times from Tevalis with scheduled shifts in Planday, which you can read about below in section 4.2.
Clock times will be visible directly on the shift or inside the Punch Clock menu in Schedule > Punch Clock. If there is a note attached in Tevalis, it will appear as a comment in Planday with the header "Tevalis integration".
1. Prepare the integration
To get started with the integration you must first complete the following steps.
1.1 Centralised users
The integration requires you to use Centralised users in Tevalis so users can be mapped between the systems. This means your users must be managed in the centralised manager application in Tevalis.
This is a prerequisite to identify the users clock entries from Tevalis and match them to the correct shift in Planday.
After the integration is launched, your employees will be managed in Planday and their details exported to Tevalis. The following information will be exported:
- First name
- Last name
- Employee group
1.2 Request details from Tevalis
Before you can setup the integration, you need to contact Tevalis support to request the following details:
- Your Tevalis Company ID
- Your Tevalis Secret
- Your Tevalis Secret 2
If you are not provided two different secrets, please ask the Tevalis support to have their API team create the Tevalis Secret 2.
Verify that existing users have identical names in Tevalis and Planday.
If you are already a Planday and Tevalis customer and have your users created in both systems, you need to make an initial sync of existing employees. This will provide the users in Tevalis with an external ID from Planday, so Planday can recognise the users in Tevalis.
2. Activate the Tevalis integration
Navigation: Settings > Integrations > Overview
2.1 Connect to Tevalis
- Log into Planday and go to Settings > Integrations > Overview
- Find the Tevalis integration in the Time & Attendance category and click Add
- Enter the company ID and the two secrets, which you received from Tevalis support
- Click connect. If the connection fails, please check you have entered the correct connection details from Tevalis.
- Now, toggle on the "Push employee data" and Tevalis Time Clock
2.2 Export of existing employees
If you already have users in Planday and Tevalis you should make an initial mapping of these users, by following these steps.
- On the integrations page open the Tevalis Time & Attendance integration by clicking the Manage button. Now, click on Show details and you will see a list of your employees.
- Select the to export each Employee group you want sent to Tevalis. Be aware that the Planday Employee groups will overwrite existing groups in Tevalis.
- Finally, click on the Push now button to export the users to Tevalis. Users that already exist in Tevalis will be updated with the Employee group and external ID. Employees that do not yet exist in Tevalis will be created.
2.3 New employees
Going forward, any new joiners only need to be created in Planday. Then, instead of also creating the same user in Tevalis, you will simply go to the Tevalis Time and Attendance integration on the integrations page in Planday and select the Employee group the new joiner is in. Now click the Push now button to add them to Tevalis.
3. Start using the time clock integration
3.1 Importing Tevalis clock times
Now that the integration is connected and your employees are mapped between Planday and Tevalis, the integration will start importing clock times from Tevalis.
Time clock entries will be imported every 5 min for the past 48 hours. Take note that only time clock entries with both a clock in and a clock out time in Tevalis are imported.
Automatic breaks setup in Planday will be applied to shifts with time clock entries imported from Tevalis. However, manual breaks in Planday, and clock in and out in Tevalis for breaks will not work with this integration.
Planday rounding rules will be applied to the imported time clock entries from Tevalis when they are matched to a shift in Planday.
3.2 How time clock entires from Tevalis are matched to shifts in Planday
If you are curious to understand how time clock entries are matched to the specific shifts in Planday, you can review the set of rules that determines this below.
- If an employee has 1 shift on a day, the time clock entries are matched to the shift regardless of the difference between the clock times and shift times.
- If an employee has 2 consecutive shifts on a day (e.g. 8-14 + 14-17) the integration will match both shifts by following:
- Shift 1: Time in – 14
- Shift 2: 14 – Time out
- If an employee has 2 non-consecutive shifts on a day, the integration will work as below:
- If both the clock in/out times have a difference of less than 1 hour, it will match to the shifts.
- If clock in exceeds 1 hour difference and clock out has less than 1 hour difference for the shift times, it will match to the shift.
- If clock in has less than 1 hour difference and clock out has more than 1 hour difference from the shift times, it will match.
- If both clock in and clock out times exceed an hour difference from shift times, it will NOT match to any shifts.
- In this case no time clock entry is imported, and you will have to verify the clock times with the employee and manually update the times in Planday.
You're now ready to start using the integration so you can approve shifts when your employees' time clock information from Tevalis arrives in Planday!