Planday supports multiple formats for importing payslips. By importing payslips to Planday, each employee can access their own payslips either from web or through the Planday app.
In order to match an employee with their payslip, Planday uses two identifiers:
- Tax ID and Salary ID
Both of these values must be identical in Planday and in the system used for processing payroll.
Download the payslips from the payroll system as a single file, with one payslip per page. The document should not be password protected.
Import payslips to Planday
Navigation: Payroll > Payroll export > Import payslips
Follow the steps below to import the payslips to Planday:
- Log in to Planday and go to Payroll > Payroll export > Import payslips.
- Enter the start and end date for your payroll period.
- Select upload format.
- Click Upload file.
Payslips will be uploaded for your final approval. You'll see a list with all employees, and if the upload was successful or not.
After you've reviewed the uploaded payslips, click Save.
Available upload formats
Planday can handle payslips from a range of payroll providers. IRIS, SAGE, and BrightPay are all supported. In addition there's a generic import option for other systems.
Access to payslips
Employees can view and download their payslips from the Account page in the Planday app, or under the Home tab in your browser. Admins can access payslips either from the employees' profile, or from Payroll > Payroll exports > Payslips.
If you are experiencing an issue with payslips, please note the following:
- You must be part of the Admin security group, which has the highest permission set in Planday, to view employees’ payslips. As such the ability to view employees' payslips cannot be limited by Department or granted to Schedule managers or HR managers.
- Payslips should ideally be uploaded in a single PDF document, with each employee’s payslip on a separate page. This is important when using the generic import option.
- All employees need to have a value in their account's Tax ID field. (Without spaces or hyphens)
- If using an integration such as IRIS, SAGE, or BrightPay, the Tax ID and Salary identifier fields must be identical in Planday and in your payroll system.
- If employees are unable to access their payslips via the Planday app, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.