Connect to your Lightspeed Restaurant POS solution to automatically import your daily revenue to Planday.
Follow the steps below to activate the integration.
When you're done setting up, your revenue will automatically refresh every 5 minutes so you can monitor changes in real time. Revenue data is fetched for a set number of days, so any updates to revenue on those days will be shown. The revenue data imported into Planday includes service charges and is displayed per day.
Monitor your revenue, scheduled labour costs, and labour percentage by going to Reports > Revenue in the top menu, or view it inside your schedule by selecting Show and toggling on Revenue in the dropdown menu.
1. Create revenue units
If you haven't already done so, you need to create revenue units for the relevant departments in Planday. To create your revenue units go to Settings > Reports > Revenue.
Learn more about the revenue module here.
2. Lightspeed details
Before you can setup the integration, you need to ensure that you have the following details ready:
- Your Lightspeed server name
- Your Lightspeed Company ID
3. Send request to Planday to add your Restaurant to Planday's Lightspeed Partner account
You will also need to contact Planday support and request us to have your restaurant added to the Planday partner account in Lightspeed. You can use this copy for your message:
I would like to use the integration between Planday and Lightspeed Restaurant POS, and therefore I need Planday to contact Lightspeed to add our restaurant(s) with company ID [insert company ID] and [insert company ID] to your partner account.
4. Activate the Lightspeed Restaurant integration
4.1 Connect to Lightspeed
- Log into Planday and go to Settings > Integrations > Overview
- Find the Lightspeed Restaurant integration in the POS category and click Add
- Enter the server name and the company ID.
- If you have multiple sites, click "Add Lightspeed Company" and add the relevant details.
- Click connect. If the connection fails, please check you have entered the correct connection details from Lightspeed Restaurant.
4.2 Integration settings
Configure the settings for the integration.
- Select the number of past days you want to fetch data for – we recommend 2 days. The integration will update the revenue numbers from Lightspeed Restaurant for the number of prior days chosen, so any changes to the revenue data will also appear in Planday.
- Select 'Overwrite existing data' if the integration should overwrite the existing figures in Planday. This should be selected if the budgeted revenue is entered manually in the revenue report, or if the days being fetched have had any changes or updates made to the revenue figures in Lightspeed Restaurant.
- Select if you want to include or exclude VAT in the revenue from Lightspeed Restaurant.
4.3 Location matching
Now you can connect the Revenue units in Planday to their corresponding Floors in Lightspeed Restaurant, so the revenue will be imported into the correct departments in Planday and the accurate labour % will be calculated.
If you have some of your tables set up to “delivery” and/or “takeaway” you also need to specify to which revenue unit, the revenue from these types should be imported to.
Please note that revenue from “Takeaway Simple” will be calculated as a part of the floor and only revenue from the table types “takeaway” or “delivery” will go into the separate delivery and takeaway mapping.
- Open Location matching by clicking on Show details
- Here you will see all the Revenue units created for your business in Planday. In the dropdown menu next to the name of each Revenue unit, choose the corresponding Floor from Lightspeed Restaurant.
- Now, select the revenue unit you want to import the revenue from Delivery to. Do the same for revenue from Takeaway.
It is possible to leave this blank, or select revenue units that are already mapped. In this case the revenue from all selections will be imported to the same revenue unit.
- Click Activate. Now the integration will start importing your revenue data from Lightspeed Restaurant!