Connect your OpenSolution POS to automatically import your daily revenue to Planday.
Follow the steps below to activate the integration.
Revenue data is fetched for the set number of past days, so any updates to revenue on those those days will be shown. The revenue data in Planday is displayed per day and based on your z-reports. For the integration to import the z-reports and add the revenue to the right date, it's important that the z-reports are created daily, and does not have a start and end date across multiple days.
Monitor your revenue, scheduled labour costs and labour percentage by going to Reports > Revenue in the top menu, or view it inside your schedule by selecting Show and toggling on revenue in the dropdown menu.
1. Create revenue units
If you haven't already done so, you must first create revenue units for the relevant departments in Planday.
To create your revenue units go to Settings > Reports > Revenue > Units.
Learn more about the revenue module in Planday here.
2. Request details from OpenSolution
Before you can setup the integration in Planday, you need to contact OpenSolution about the following details:
- API key
3. Activate the OpenSolution integration
3.1 connect to OpenSolution
- Log into Planday and go to Settings > Integrations > Overview
- Find the OpenSolution integration in the POS category and click Add
- Enter the API key, which you received from OpenSolution
- Click connect. If the connection fails, please check you have entered the correct connection details.
3.2 Integration settings
Configure the settings for the integration.
- Select the number of past days you want to fetch data for – we recommend 2 days. The integration will update the revenue numbers from OpenSolution for the number of prior days chosen, so any changes to the revenue data will also appear in Planday.
- Select Overwrite existing data if the integration should overwrite any existing revenue numbers in Planday. Make sure to select this option if you manually enter your budgeted revenue in the revenue report, or if there have been changes or updates made either to the days being fetched or the revenue numbers in OpenSolution.
- Specify the timeframe within a day, where all your z-reports are generated.
- Select if you want to include or exclude VAT in the revenue from OpenSolution.
3.3 Location matching
Now you can connect the Revenue units in Planday to their corresponding Report groups in OpenSolution, so the revenue will be imported into the correct departments in Planday and the accurate labour % will be calculated.
Please note that if you don't have any report groups set up, you'll need to select which revenue unit in Planday you want to have the sales without report group imported to.
- Open Location matching by clicking on Show details
- Here you will see all the Revenue units created for your business in Planday. In the dropdown menu next to the name of each Revenue unit, choose the corresponding Report group.
- Click Activate and the integration will start importing your revenue data from OpenSolution.