If you haven't done so already, download the app for your smartphone here:
To sign in to the app, you need the web address of your Planday portal, your username and your password.
Invite all your employees in one go
You can send the Planday login to all employees with a few simple clicks.
- Please go to People > Employees > Tools > Send logins, verify the contact information and confirm the message. The logins are sent either by e-mail or by SMS.
Note, that sending messages is free, but sending an SMS isn’t.
At the same time, we recommend that you introduce your employees to Planday with a welcome letter.
If you go to Settings > Communication, you can adapt our template with all the information you find relevant, e.g. when the system will be in place, where to download the app for their smartphones and how to update their contact information. The welcome letter is also a great way to greet new employees to your company.
The welcome letter is sent either by SMS or by a message in each user’s Planday Inbox. Anything that’s visible in the portal on web is conveniently mirrored in the app.
Tip! Default security settings assign limited access to all new employees, whereas you, as the first user, were granted full access as an Administrator. An employee cannot see the same windows, tools and options that you can.
You can change the rights of any user by going to People > Employees and click the relevant Security group in the left hand menu (Employee, Manager or Administrator).
Creating a new schedule from scratch every week can be quite time consuming, even with Planday’s cloud based scheduling system. To free up valuable time for business development, create a standard schedule and copy it to the following week (or weeks) – you’ll be ready in no time!
- Start by creating your template: Go to Settings > Schedule > Schedule templates and click ‘Create’. Once you’ve saved your first template, click ‘Edit template content’ > ‘Edit all’ and fill in the hours and the people (or leave the shift(s) open) as you would any regular schedule.
Use the icons on each row, or in each shift, to copy the Monday morning shift across the template to the rest of the week rather than creating the morning shift seven times.
Templates can cover anything from a single day to several weeks, and you can copy them multiple times at once. If every day looks the same, you can create a template for 1 day and apply it 10 consecutive times to cover a 10-day period. If every other week is the same, create a template for two weeks and apply it twice to cover four weeks.
If you are running a seasonal business, we recommend that you create one template for peak season and another for low season.
- To create a schedule based on your template, go to the Schedule and click Templates > Apply template.
All you have to do is correct the little details that may change from time to time and you’re ready to move on to billable activities!
Tip! When you are creating or editing a schedule, you can hide it from your employees until you are done.
- Hide a day or a week by clicking on the green circle next to the weekday or in the top left corner for the entire week, so it turns red
- Show the schedule by clicking on the red circle, so it turns green again
You can only hide days and weeks with shifts.
Statistics and reports
Working with Planday allows you to access a variety of reports and statistics on your staff.
- For example you can see how many hours each employee is working this week by going to Reports > Schedule statistics.
- In Reports > Shift type statistics you can select any shift type(s) that’s relevant to you, e.g. to get an overview of employee absence, select the types ‘sick with pay’ and ‘sick without pay’. You can read more about shift types in section 5) Wages, salary and payroll export.